Race Day Communication
Thank you for signing up for the third edition of Edurus 10K Trail Run. We have a record number of racers this year despite the weather forecast. The race will take place rain or shine. However, we are making some changes to things to make things slightly easier on you. We realize the latest forecast is not looking ideal,but this isn’t a road race right? It’s (Always) An Adventure!
For those that are not familiar with us, we are a small grassroots organization based out of Pulaski County. Our main focus is to create unique experiences for endurance athletes through different types of events. Adventure racing is at our core so you find AR elements blended into our other events. We strive to create quality events but you won’t find a lot of flash at our events. We focus on providing you with a great course and a solid challenge. We tend to find ways to make you hurt a little more as you are paying us good money. Please stop by and say “Hi” or express how much you dislike us after the race.
Here is everything you need to know for race day. We will see you early Saturday morning.
- Live results should be posted available at http://vindura.fit/live. Official results will be posted later Saturday to the website but should be found on RunSignup within an hour of the race.
- Packet pickup will start at 730am. We will have a brief safety meeting at 845am. After that we will meet at the starting line at 855am.
- Please try to arrive early so we can get everyone taken care of before the safety meeting.
- Restrooms should be open Saturday as Friday is opening day for PC Park Campground.
- We always like to make you suffer but don’t want to make you miserable within the first ten minutes of the race so we have removed the two water crossings.
- The course will different than years past.
- This is a gun-timed event, not chip-timed. Faster runners towards the front, slower towards the back at the start please. You will have around 800 meters of pavement and double track before entering the trails to pass people.
- Due to the weather, we want to get you in and out as fast as possible. If you are one of the top 3 male or females, we will brief photo op directly after the third person in your gender group finishes.
- Everyone make sure to get your finisher medal after you finish. They will be handed out at the finish line.
- This is a self-supported event meaning bring your own water and goodies. We do not want to waste product from sponsors or their money, so due to the weather and the expectations that runners will want to get racing and leave quickly, we will not have some of the normal conveniences such as coffee. We hate to throw good product away! There will be access to a public water facet at the shelter. Due to a logistic snafu, there will not be SWORD.
- Please do not leave any items at the shelters during the race as they will not be supervised. Once our staff finishes registration, they will not be returning to the shelter.
- Registration is still open until 830am tomorrow if you have anyone that wants to join you. However, we are capped at 85 slots at this point.
- We will take a limited number of onsite registration tomorrow morning. Please bring cash or check for $45 exactly as we may or may not have change.
- If you plan to be a frequent flyer at our events, make sure to pick up your small VINDURA passport (a small piece of paper) at registration in the morning. We recently decided that instead of giving away frequent participant discounts for just showing up, we want to make you earn them by running the course. You will want a way to carry your VINDURA Passport in a pocket or tuck it somewhere as you will encounter an orange/white checkpoint flag along the course with a punch. You will want to stop and punch your VINDURA Passport as it will be your passport to discounts in future events. Three different punches will earn you a $15 discount off regular pricing to a future event. Some events will be double or triple punch events. We will explain this in the morning.
- Location: 1200 State Hwy 3189, Nancy, KY US 42544
- Staging: Staging is at Shelter #2 at Pulaski County Park.
- Packet pickup: Packet pickup is at Shelter #2 starting at 730AM. When you arrive in the park you will come to a stop sign and the General Store will be ahead on your right. Turn LEFT at this stop sign and you will see the shelters up on the hill on your left. If you pass the General Store you have gone too far.
- Starting Line: The starting line has moved back about 500 meters. It is almost to the stop sign coming into the park. When you start, you will make a loop on the pavement around the shelters before crossing the original finish line. Please arrive at the starting line 5 minutes prior to the race.
- Parking: By shelters #1/2 and the playground area. Left at the first stop sign in the park. Look for parking signs.
- Fueling/Hydration: This will be a self-supported event. Pack in your water and energy needs. This is part of the adventure.
- Course Markings: Expect the course to be well marked with signage, tape, and cones. With all of our events, it is the responsibility of the participant to know the course prior to the start. Course maps will be provided ahead of time and available at staging. Staff/volunteers will be placed along the course at key spots to assist with course direction.
- Checkpoints: There will be one checkpoint along the course. You are not required to stop here but their will be a staff person there. If you wish to withdraw, please do so here.
- Mar 24 07:30AM – Packet Pickup (Shelter #2)
- Mar 24 08:30AM – Onsite registration closes
- Mar 24 08:45AM – Pre-race meeting (Shelter #2)
- Mar 24 08:55AM – Meet at starting line.
- Mar 24 09:00AM – Race starts
- Mar 24 11:30AM – Race time limit
- No outside assistance.
- Stay on the set course.
- Complete within the two hour time limit
- Check in at mandatory checkpoint(s).
- No littering on the course. Pack it in, pack it out.
- No dogs allowed during the run for the safety of all involved
- Use proper trail etiquette.
o Pass on the left when possible.
o Announce that you are passing.
- Course remains open to the general public so please be courteous.
- Be a positive representation of the sport.
- While not enforced,if wearing earbuds, please do so only in one ear.