Paddle on the backwaters of Lake Cumberland and mountain bike/run the wonderful single track trails of PC Park. This isn’t your normal triathlon! We have swapped out the swim for a paddle and got rid of the normal (paddle, bike, run) for 4-5 different legs to mimic what you might find in an adventure race. We want to give you a taste of adventure racing on a marked course without having to be able to navigate with a map and compass.
What does this mean? It means legs may come in non-traditional order to include possibly, multiple legs of the same discipline such as: paddle, run, mountain bike, run.
- Ceramic Campfire Mug for the first 50 registered across all events
- Finisher medals for all
- Custom awards for podium
You will start in the are cove between the main boat ramp and the campground boat ramp. You will paddle north and west for 1.75-2 miles depending on water levels return back to transition area 1 (TA1) at the campground boat for a total of 3.5-4 miles. From there you will run 650-700 meters to TA2/TA3 where you will retrieve your bike. You will follow the bike course for 6-7 miles and return to TA2/TA3 to start your final run leg of 3 miles up to the top of the park and back to the finish-line.
Other info: Course subject to change due to many factors. There is no bottom out risk as long as you stay in the main channel. Running and mountain biking are on smooth to rooty single track dirt trails with a small amount of gravel, pavement and grass. Post race you will ride back to your car at the main boat parking area via the road and retrieve your car then drive to the boat at TA1 to retrieve your boat. YOU MUST have your bib to retrieve your boat and bike from the transition areas.
- Paddle: 3-4 miles
- Mountain Bike: 6-7 miles
- Run: 3-4 miles
- Paddle: 6-8 miles
- Mountain Bike: 12-14 miles
- Run: 6-8 miles
Double distance will repeat legs in order. Paddle two laps, mountain bike two laps and run two laps. The only thing you won’t double is the run from paddle to bike leg.
- Sprint: $35
- Double: $40
All events us a tiered pricing based on demand. The most current pricing is listed on the registration.
- Monday prior to the race is considered late registration.
- Price increase dates subject to change based on demand.
- All registrations subject to Runsignup Fees and sales tax based on your jurisdiction.
- Team pricing is discounted per person
- Craft Class Selection: Use the corral selection during registration to select your class of boat.
- Relay Teams: The first person to register will create a team name for this event that will be used in results. You may register your teammate(s) or they may register later by joining the previous created team during their registration. All members must register for the race.
This is BYOB (bring your own boat) event but we understand that is not always logistically feasible. We have partnered with Buck Creek Outfitters, LLC to offer boat rentals for $30 for the day. Simply select the boat rental as an addon during registration. This includes a single paddle and PFD. You are free to bring your own PDF and paddle.
- Recreational Division: Recreational Kayak Under 14’/SUP Under 12’6” and Under/Recreational Canoe(no high performance)
- Open Division: Any Craft: Kayak 14’+, OC, High Performance Canoes, FSK, HPK, SurfSki
- SUP Open Division: SUP 12’6” and Up
- Open: Any craft.
- Finisher medals for all
- Individual Triathlon: Top 3 male/female in each craft class
- Relay Team: Top 3. Relay teams are not broken down into craft size or gender.
- Check-in will be at Shelters 1/2 in Pulaski County Park in Nancy, KY
- After check-follow instructions provided in the race guide emailed the week prior
- Be prepared to stage gear in 2-3 locations. Tip: Be prepared to take your running shoes with you on the first leg.
- Bathrooms will be on-site.
- This is a bring your own food and hydration event. We will have some water available on-site.
- It is important to make sure our emails (email@example.com) are not blocked or check back to this page regularly for more information.
Schedule Of Events
Saturday April 22nd
- 0800 AM – Check-In and transition areas open for gear staging
- 0900 AM – Pre-race meeting at location in your race guide
- 0915 AM – Mass race start after the conclusion of the racer meeting.
- 1200-0100 PM – Awards after the last racer finishes per distance.
Schedule subject to change. Please check your race guide.
- Boat: Paddle is on flat and deep backwaters of Lake Cumberland. There is no bottom out risk as long as you stay in the main channel.
- Bike: Course involves a 90% single track trail and 10% other surfaces (pavement, gravel, grass). Trail varies from smooth to rooty. Expect some fast down hills. A gravel, cross or hybrid bike with knobby tires MAY do, BUT a mountain bike is likely preferred.
- Paddle: Racers must wear a type III PFD at all times while on the water. SUP racers may wear an inflatable
PENALTY: For not wearing PFD – Disqualification
- Bike: CPSC certified Bicycle helmets are required at all times on a bicycle.
PENALTY: For not wearing bike helmet – disqualification
“Hey Aaron, why not just do an adventure race?” Great question! Logistics with team boats plus we wanted to offer a taste of adventure racing by removing one of the biggest barriers: map nav. If you want navigation experience, stick around for our night time map adventure.