Our night time 4-hour map adventure, also known as a rogaine, is a foot based race using a map and compass. The adventure must be completed totally on FOOT. You can run, walk or even crawl to locate checkpoints scattered throughout the park. This is a solo or team of 2-5 persons. It is NOT a relay event as all team members must remain within 30 meters (100ft) of each other at all times. Think of it like a scavenger hut or geocaching but without using a GPS. There is no preset course and racers are free to choose the route that they prefer. The goal is to locate and acquire as many points as possible within the four hour time limit. This is all about creating your own adventure and it is not always the fittest team that wins. The course will be designed to challenge both beginners and experts. If you are new to this, make sure to check out Map Adventures 101 for a short run down how things work.
- Ceramic Campfire Mug for the first 50 registered across all events
- Finisher medals
- Custom awards for podium
- One 8″x11″ water proof map (per team)
- One 8″x11″ non-water proof map (per team)
- One waterproof passport
- Bib number per team
- A lot of fun and great memories
- Solo – Female
- Solo – Male
- 2-5 Person – Female
- 2-5 Person – Male
- 2-5 Person – Coed
- Family – One member must be 16 years or younger on race day
All events use tiered pricing based on demand. The most current pricing is listed at registration.
- Registration fees increase overtime until they reach a base fee. So register early.
- Price increase dates subject to change based on demand.
- All registrations subject to Runsignup Fees and sales tax based on your jurisdiction.
You may race solo or as part of a 2-5 person team. The first person to register for the team will create the team during registration. Team members must stay together the whole time. Team members can register together at the same time or separately online after the first team member has registered and created the team.
- Solo: You will create a team name on for this event that will be used in results.
- 2-5 Person Teams: You will create a team name for this event that will be used in results. Teams may consist of 2-5 members. You may register your teammates or they may register later, but all members must register for the race.
- Finisher medals for all
- Top 3 in each division
Map Adventure 101
Team VINDURA will be on hand to offer a brief class over maps and compass along with how the event works. We want everyone to have an enjoyable time. Those in attendance will receive a practice map.
- Important: Participants will receive a race guide the week prior to the event with critical information.
- Check-in: Shelters 1/2 at Pulaski County Park in Nancy, KY
- Bathrooms will be on-site.
- This is a bring your own food and hydration event. We will have some water available on-site.
- It is important to make sure our emails (email@example.com) are not blocked or check back to this page regularly for more information.
Click here for mandatory gear list
Schedule Of Events
Saturday April 23rd
- 0500PM – Map Adventure 101
- 0630PM – Check-In/Maps
- 0745PM – Pre-race meeting at location in your race guide
- 0800PM – Race Start
- 1200AM – Race Time Cut Off
- 1215AM – Awards
This is a great team building event as members must work and stay together to be successful in the race. If you have a youth organization that would like to be part of this event, please contact us for more details, special pricing and to create your team.
Note: Each youth organization team may have an adult mentor accompany them through the race as per your organizations internal policies. The mentor cannot however, assist them at any point during the race to navigate and are there simply to oversee their safety. Teams with members less than 14 years old, must have an adult team mentor.